Escape the 9 to 5

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Random Acts of Kindess

Mmmm Breakfast

Doing things for others when they least expect is amazing.

The feeling can not be explained and yet I am not sure we do it enough.

I know I don't.

However...

Last week I shared a storey with a Facebook group I started in the spring, Random Acts Of Kindness. I thought it would be equally fitting here too.

In it I tell of an experience I had just last week. About surprising a young couple with paying for their breakfast. 

I didn't have to do it.

I certainly wasn't going to get anything out of it.

I didn't want anything.

Selfishly, I suppose I wanted that high you get when you do something kind for someone else. This one had the cherry on top, because I didn't know them and they didn't know I had done it until I left.

I only share the story to be an example. Not to brag, but to hopefully inspire others to do the same.

Of course this is not my idea. Do you remember that movie, Pay it Forward? I loved that movie. Now that I think of it, I think I am going to go watch it.

~ Brad


No comments:

Post a Comment